Title Update 1
Hi there Gears fans!
We hope you’ve been having a blast out there with Gears Tactics. Over the past few weeks, we’ve been closely monitoring your feedback to identify fixes and emergent issues to prioritize in our post-launch title updates.
Our first Title Update is out now! The full patch notes can be found below:
- Fixed an issue where units can’t be selected, most notably seen in Act 1 Chapter 6.
- Fixed game turn getting stuck when using the Vanguard Distraction ability on a Sniper Drone that is pinning the Vanguard.
- Fixed the Vanguard Breach ability re-applying the AP/Heal buff more than once.
- Fixed an issue where characters could appear with untextured armor when editing armor in the Barracks.
- Improved image quality while using Variable Rate Shading.
- Fixed untextured parts of the Mammoth in Act 1 Mission 4.
- Fixed holes seen in the environment in the Act 1 convoy while using ultra-wide monitors.
- Fixed a crash when targeting more than 4 units in cover with a grenade.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur on boot of the game.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on a hit reaction.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a unit is killed.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur in gameplay.
- Fixed a rare crash when using the narrator.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur while transitioning to a loading screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the user settings file is edited by external sources.
- Updated the minimum recommended driver version for GPU drivers. Drivers below this version will display a warning on boot of the game.
We know this Title Update doesn’t represent all the issues we’ve seen discussed in the community so far – rest assured, we are hard at work addressing many of the top remaining issues seen here in the Steam community.
Here are just some of the areas we are working on to address in the near future:
- Stability fixes.
- Rare cases where the game turn may not end.
- Rare cases where Xbox Live sign-in can fail.
- Act 1 Chapter 6 sometimes does not transition the objective correctly.
- Text adjustments to clarify some skill descriptions.
Additionally, diagnosing GT102 errors remains a priority for the team and we’ll provide any updates as we have them. If you haven’t already, please follow the steps found here as an initial troubleshooting step.
If you continue to receive GT102 errors after following these steps, please submit a ticket at the bottom of the page with as much detail as possible regarding your setup – the team will reach out to you through the ticketing system if more info is needed.
If you do see a bug or are encountering an issue, the best way to report the bug or receive help is via our official ticketing system at Support.GearsTactics.com.
We’ve been blown away by the response to Gears Tactics and we’ve loved watching you discover effective build / equipment combinations and savvy strategies. Whether you are just getting started or on your 50th Veteran Level on Insane, thank you for playing!
Stay tuned for more news on Tactics updates as we have them.