Gears Tactics Title Update
Attention Gears fans!
Here are the patch notes for the latest update for Gears Tactics!
This Title Update will be out at November 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm PT. The full patch notes can be found below:
- Improved narration in the equipment screens.
- Improved narration of the hit chance UI element.
- Fixed white flash that could occur for one frame in the loading screen.
- Fixed the character animation snapping when backing out of name customization in the Barracks.
- Fixed goggles not disappearing from the Deviant Sniper when it is killed by a headshot.
- Fixed flickering between the occlusion shader and some buildings in Act 2 and Act 3.
- Optimized content in Act 2 to improve performance.
- Controller Only: Fixed a timing issue where sticky cursor abilities (e.g. execute) could be confirmed before the preview was shown.
- Controller Only: Added camera limit to Jacks free aim abilities so the camera won’t push past the limit of the ability.
- Improved targeting of free aim abilities, like Overwatch or Jacks capsules.
The ability can now be confirmed while hovering over another unit instead of that unit being selected.
- Fixed the turn getting stuck when a player unit attempts to chainsaw an enemy unit that has an opportunity attack
and the opportunity attack is triggered while the player unit is mantling over cover.
- Fixed enemies spawning in the ground if player units are too close in some missions.
- Fixed a case where a unit revived in a corner could get stuck.
- Fixed elite enemy reveals being in the wrong location when loading a save game.
- Fixed hit chance UI element background sometimes not appearing.
- Fixed sounds cutting out during later stages of the Brumak fight.
- Fixed Tickers appearing on the ground for one frame while dropping from the Reaver.
- Fixed Jack facing in the wrong direction after opening doors.
- Improved boot times.
- Added a new advanced video setting “Fast Pipeline State Cache”. This setting decreases boot times but increases system memory usage by up to 600MB.
- Optimized planar reflections, the GPU cost of the feature has been greatly reduced.
- Added a user facing message when file read errors happen so the user can be alerted to potential file corruption errors.
- Fixed misaligned text on buttons in some resolutions.
- All: Fixed lighting being too dark in night environments.
- All: Fixed Gabe missing his undershirt during the intro cinematic if the game is still installing Act 2 content when the cinematic loads.
- Xbox One X|S: Fixed a visible hitch when units drop from a Reaver for the first time.
- Xbox Series X: Enabled enhanced reflections. See below for comparison images
- Fixed a crash on Xbox One X when browsing characters in the convoy later in the campaign.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when using bayonet charge.
- Fixed a rare crash while using the torque bow.
- Fixed a rare crash in gameplay while planning the enemy turn.
- Fixed a rare rendering crash.
- Fixed a few rare crashes in loading screens.
- Fixed a rare crash during streaming install when the game is suspended.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen after the game is saved.
- Fixed a rare crash on boot while registering users and controllers.
- Fixed a crash when a mine explodes on an e-hole and the unit that placed the mine is dead.